名詞子句

名詞子句

名詞子句與名 詞用法相同, 也用作主詞或受詞.

1. What he said is interesting.
2. I’ve heard what he said.
3. What she said surprised me.

引導名詞子句的字: (1) when, where, why, how, who, whom, what , which, whose
(2) whether, if, whatever, whoever
(3) that

練習

1. Why did they leave the country ?

________________________________ is a secret .

2. What are we doing in class?

________________________________ is easy.

A) 以疑問詞開頭的名詞子句
I don’t know where she lives.
Do you know when they arrive?
I wonder who is at the door.

B) 以 WHETHER 或 IF 開頭
I don’t’ know whether he will come.
I wonder if she will come or not.= I wonder whether she will come or not.
= I wonder or not she will come.

C) 後接 不定詞 的疑問句
I don’t know what I should do. = I don’t’ know what to do.
Pam can’t decide whether she should go or stay home.
= Pam can’t decide whether to go or stay home.
1
D) 以 That 開頭的名詞子句

1. We know that the world is round.
( that 本身沒意義, 僅作句首標誌, 可略; That 引導的子句當受詞時,that 可省略)

2. That she doesn’t understand spleen English is obvious. ( that 不可省略)
= It is obvious that she doesn’t understand spoken English.
( That 引導的子句當名詞時, that 不可省略.)

E. 名詞子句中假設t she not go to the concernt.語氣的使用--- 假設語氣的動詞只用原型動詞 ( 這種句子通常強調重要性 )
1. The teacher demands that we be on time.
2. I insisted that he pay me the money.
3. I recommended that she not to go to the concert.
4. It is important that they be told the truth.
5. I suggested that she see a doctor.

** 這種句型美國較常見. 英國是 should + 原型動詞 **

練習

1. Mr. Adams insists that we ____ careful in our writing.
2. They requested that we not ______ after midnight.
3. It is essential that I (meet)__________ you tomorrow.
4. She asked that we _______ sure to lock the door behind us.
5. Her advisor recommended that she ( take) _____ five courses.

F. 含 – EVER 字詞的使用

1. Whoever wants to come is welcome.
=( Anyone who wants to come is welcome)
2. He makes friends easily with who(m)ever he meets.
** 在美國很少用 whomever, 在英國只 用whoever.
3. He always says whatever comes into his mind.
= He always says anything that comes into his mind.
4. You may leave whenever you wish.
= You may leave at any time that you wish.
2
5.We can watch whichever program you prefer.
6. She can go wherever she wants to go.
7. The students may dress however they please.


練習

Alice does ______ she wants to do, goes _____ she wants to go , gets up
_________ she wants to get up, makes friends with ______ she meets,
and dresses ______ she pleases.