名詞子句與名 詞用法相同, 也用作主詞或受詞.
1. What he said is interesting.
2. I’ve heard what he said.
3. What she said surprised me.
引導名詞子句的字: (1) when, where, why, how, who, whom, what , which, whose
(2) whether, if, whatever, whoever
1. Why did they leave the country ?
________________________________ is a secret .
2. What are we doing in class?
________________________________ is easy.
I don’t know where she lives.
Do you know when they arrive?
I wonder who is at the door.
B) 以 WHETHER 或 IF 開頭
I don’t’ know whether he will come.
I wonder if she will come or not.= I wonder whether she will come or not.
= I wonder or not she will come.
C) 後接 不定詞 的疑問句
I don’t know what I should do. = I don’t’ know what to do.
Pam can’t decide whether she should go or stay home.
= Pam can’t decide whether to go or stay home.
D) 以 That 開頭的名詞子句
1. We know that the world is round.
( that 本身沒意義, 僅作句首標誌, 可略; That 引導的子句當受詞時,that 可省略)
2. That she doesn’t understand spleen English is obvious. ( that 不可省略)
= It is obvious that she doesn’t understand spoken English.
( That 引導的子句當名詞時, that 不可省略.)
E. 名詞子句中假設t she not go to the concernt.語氣的使用--- 假設語氣的動詞只用原型動詞 ( 這種句子通常強調重要性 )
1. The teacher demands that we be on time.
2. I insisted that he pay me the money.
3. I recommended that she not to go to the concert.
4. It is important that they be told the truth.
5. I suggested that she see a doctor.
** 這種句型美國較常見. 英國是 should + 原型動詞 **
1. Mr. Adams insists that we ____ careful in our writing.
2. They requested that we not ______ after midnight.
3. It is essential that I (meet)__________ you tomorrow.
4. She asked that we _______ sure to lock the door behind us.
5. Her advisor recommended that she ( take) _____ five courses.
F. 含 – EVER 字詞的使用
1. Whoever wants to come is welcome.
=( Anyone who wants to come is welcome)
2. He makes friends easily with who(m)ever he meets.
** 在美國很少用 whomever, 在英國只 用whoever.
3. He always says whatever comes into his mind.
= He always says anything that comes into his mind.
4. You may leave whenever you wish.
= You may leave at any time that you wish.
5.We can watch whichever program you prefer.
6. She can go wherever she wants to go.
7. The students may dress however they please.
Alice does ______ she wants to do, goes _____ she wants to go , gets up
_________ she wants to get up, makes friends with ______ she meets,
and dresses ______ she pleases.